[Live-devel] Proxy Server & AWS Production

Dave Shapiro dave at scoutalarm.com
Sat Nov 18 10:39:43 PST 2017

Hi Community,

We have been using Live555 proxy in a proof of concept. It is working
properly to proxy the rtsp stream from the camera to clients (vlc).

We are now looking at all the things we will need todo in order for it
to be production ready. We have not found much resources online around
using the proxy on AWS in production env. I have a few questions that
hopefully the community can help answer with their experience. Btw - I
looked through 2 years of mailing list archives before emailing these
questions.

We are intending on hosting this in AWS, can any one offer their
experience on what is the best instance type for Proxy Server when
comparing performance to cost?

Has anyone had experienced running the proxy servers in a cluster, how
was load balancing implemented?

Is there a recommendation on analytics service that works well with
Live555 Proxy Server (ex: NewRelic)? We would use the analytics to
understand load as well as monitor proxy processes.

Is there a community built application for administrating proxy processes?

Any other advice/ recommendations around running Live555 Proxy Server
in production will be greatly appreciated!