[Live-devel] Current playing file stats

Dex dex at konseptz.com
Sat Nov 25 17:33:03 PST 2017

Hi,

I am currently developing a GUI application that uses live555 for RTP
streaming. The integration works perfectly so far and I am able to play
media files correctly, however, I have a particular question about the
current file being played status/statistics.

In the front-end of the application, I display the currently playing
file name & info in a widget with a progress bar, I want to reflect the
current play status on that progress bar. So for example if I could
get/retrieve the last read byte index, or the elapsed  time relative to
the currently playing file, or anything else that helps in the said
regard, then I could use this information to update the GUI accordingly.

Any help to achieve the above would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Dex