[Live-devel] streaming big H264 I frame out, image broken

Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com
Mon Oct 16 19:18:24 PDT 2017

Hi Ross,

Here is my study:
Because our streaming is directly coming out from codec. If under 1080p at 30fps, that means each 33ms, we can get a frame to sent. So, the value of fDurationInMicroseconds, we would set 33ms to expect the next frame. But what we found is, if we set fDurationInMicroseconds as 33ms, the sending frame would delay about 33ms, please check the attachment a1.png(package 29 and 30).

But if we set fDurationInMicroseconds as 0, there is no delay when we try to send frame. Please check the attachment b1.png(package 113 and 116).

So, my question is, do you know how to resolve the delay when we set fDurationInMicroseconds as 33ms? Thanks a lot.

[cid:3861C91A-E133-4457-B796-2F6629C386FE][cid:CF3DABBB-D527-4E66-A2F9-3F9B979C3CEA]
[cid:861F3159-814A-4DD4-AA07-3A4741625083][cid:51A5F32F-5DEC-4EEE-B44C-A3FEAEA5B846]
Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com<mailto:finlayson at live555.com>> 於 2017年10月14日 13:54 寫道:

Here you said:
The solution is to not send very large I-frames as single NAL units. Instead, you should encode these I-frames into multiple 'slice' NAL units.

Could you please give me some tips if we would like to do “encode these I-frames into multiple 'slice' NAL units” at live555?

Not really, because this depends upon your encoder.  You should refer to the documentation for your encoder (hardware and/or software).