[Live-devel] Slow setup of h264 streams

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 1 05:40:57 PDT 2017

> I am trying to implement a proxy using live555.

What is wrong with the supplied “LIVE555 Proxy Server” application?
	http://live555.com/proxyServer/

We probably can’t help you with your custom proxy application (or with any custom modifications you might have made to the supplied “LIVE555 Proxy Server” or library code).  However, we might be able to help you with problems that you might be having with the (supplied, unmodified) “LIVE555 Proxy Server” application.

> My problem with the current implementation is that the streams takes about 8-10 seconds to set up. This seems to be the case for the reference implementation in live555ProxyServer as well.

What, specifically, do you mean by “streams take about 8-10 seconds to set up”?  Have you run “live555ProxyServer” with the “-V” (verbose output) flag?  (As noted in our online documentation: "If you are having trouble with the proxy server, then we recommend using the "-V" option to try to figure out what's wrong.”)