[Live-devel] How to get the time_scale value from H264/RTSP stream

Sergio Basurco sergio.b at coherentsynchro.com
Thu Sep 28 07:34:10 PDT 2017

Hi,

My goal is to play an H264 stream that comes from a camera. I am
decoding using libav. According to H264 standard, it is not necessary to
specify the time_scale info in the SDP/SPS.

Everything is working fine, however I need to synchronize playback to
prevent stutters. I am parsing the nal units in my H264Sink, in which I
get a presentationTime (timeval). What I don't have is the timebase for
these timestamps.

 From what I can tell, the timebase / time_scale of the timestamps
provided by Live555 must be available somewhere for me to set it to my
decoder. If it's not in the SPS description, how can I retrieve it?

--

Saludos / Best regards,

*Sergio Basurco*
Coherent Synchro