[Live-devel] How to get the time_scale value from H264/RTSP stream

Sergio Basurco sergio.b at coherentsynchro.com
Thu Sep 28 08:20:22 PDT 2017

So,

I found that as I'm using RTP, a clock rate of 90000Hz must be used. In
some cases cameras specify a different clock rate... but if none is
specified I should be using that one.

My problem now, is that I do get timestamps for the NAL units, but I
don't know the timestamp of my decoded frame... In libav there's two
timestamps dts (decoding timestamp) and pts (presentation timestamp).

Say that for a given decoded frame I sent 4 NAL units to the decoder.
Each one had its presentationTime set by Live555. Which of those times
should I use for my frame if any?

Saludos / Best regards,

*Sergio Basurco*
Coherent Synchro