[Live-devel] How to get the time_scale value from H264/RTSP stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 28 15:19:05 PDT 2017

> Indeed I am using Live555 as the RTSP client side, and I'm able to connect and receive the NAL units and the sps-pps information from the camera.
>
> Maybe you're right and my issue is completely on the decoding side, as I'm failing to find the timestamp values that will allow me to playback the stream.
>
> Specifically, I receive a "presentationTimestamp" from Live555 together with the NAL unit. I am not certain on how to use it in order to synchronize playback.

This “presentationTimestamp” is exactly what you use.  It represents the (relative) time at which the corresponding NAL unit should be displayed.

Developers who use our software (including you) never need to concern themselves with RTP timestamps.  (Our software automatically converts RTP timestamps to presentation times.)  For more information, see
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#separate-rtp-streams