[Live-devel] Support for raw video format

GENESTIER Denis denis.genestier at thalesgroup.com
Fri Aug 3 00:58:41 PDT 2018

Hi Ross,

As Promised, here is a patch for our first step for supporting raw video stream : the receiver side.
It also contains a correction for the compilation of the mingw config that was broken (my mistake because of my last submission on the keep alive on socket :-D)
I have tested it with only one kind of source and on a linux environment.

>  Yes, very likely.  Do you also plan to implement this for transmitters - i.e., a subclass of “MultiFramedRTPSink”?

I will work on it, linked with the use of a "V_UNCOMPRESSED" track in a matroska file. It should allow us to test the whole chain of live555.
But for now it is my turn to be in holidays, and I could not do anything before a while.

> After re-reading RFC 4175, I think that it should be possible to implement most of this payload format fairly easily, by reimplementing the “processSpecialHeader()” virtual function in your  >“MultiFramedRTPSource” subclass.  The big problem, however, is going to be the ‘extended sequence number’ field.  I see no way to implement the handling of ‘extended sequence numbers’ without >making major changes to the code.  The best solution for now would probably be to ignore this field - which will mean that receivers will unnecessarily drop some packets if they get excessively delayed.

I totally agree with it and as far as I can see, this extended sequence number is not used by our camera.
Also I did not used any  "BufferedPacket" subclass, but maybe am I missing something?

Best regards,
Denis.