[Live-devel] Nightly Reboot

Spies, Will Will_Spies at comcast.com
Sat Aug 18 01:18:53 PDT 2018

I have stunnel fronting live555proxy for about 9 separate RTSP live camera streams.  On Ubuntu.  All works well,  even performs nicely.

What I have seen though over time is the streams get slower and slower....sometimes hang.  This resulted in my setting up a nightly cron-job to simply reboot my linux box.  This seemed to alleviate things.

So, I'm not saying this has anything to do with live555 but I'm thinking something in my chain of tools here maybe has a leak,  is leaving connections open,  or something.

Figure I would start here as I leisurely debug this over time.

Any thoughts on whether this might be live555?

Thanks,
Will