[Live-devel] MP4 Video Startup Issue

Bill Barnett Bill.Barnett at jasniksolutions.com
Thu Aug 23 12:13:41 PDT 2018

Hello all,

We are looking for help to determine why the first 7 to 10 seconds of mp4 data video is not displayed in most instances.

Equipment/OS Information:

*        Dell Edge Gateway 3001 running Ubuntu 16.04

*        Microseven camera - MYM71080i-B with firmware v2.0.11

*        Video configuration

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D43AF3.6D727AB0]

openRTSP Information:

*        openRTSP v2018.02.18

*        Built as: openrtsp_2018.02.18_amd64.snap

*        Command line: openRTSP -4 -f 10 -P 30 -F GW_TEST_RUN1-TIME_ rtsp://admin:password@192.168.2.20/12

Problem Information:

*        Typically between 200 and 300 seconds (8-10 files) of capture, the files start having 7 to 10 seconds of blank video at the startup.  A set of .mp4 files are ready to be supplied, but I did not want to attach 5MB of files here.  They show:

o   RUN1 - first with blank video is 270-300

o   RUN2 - first is 300-330

o   RUN3 - first is 240-270

*        For each run, I simply killed openRTSP and restarted with another naming convention

o   No changes to camera, no power cycles

*        The above can be repeated at will every time.

Please let me know where to upload files mentioned above.  And, of course, I'm sure I probably haven't provided all the information needed to help.

Thanks very much.

Bill Barnett
President, Software/Firmware Consultant
Jasnik Solutions, Incorporated