[Live-devel] Audio stream information missing the SDP (RTSP DESCRIBE method)

Kalkere, Giridhara Giridhara.Kalkere at Honeywell.com
Tue Aug 28 05:22:03 PDT 2018

Dear Ross,

How are you?
Its been long time I have posted any question on this forum.

We come across with a problem on our rtsp server when we start the RTSP server to stream the video and audio from camera the audio stream information is missing in the SDP
Somehow VLC player can able to stream and shows the audio stream details but if we use the ffmpeg it fails.

Can you please suggest how can we make the RTSP server to describe the audio stream information in the SDP.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Please find the below SDP from our camera.
v=0
o=- 1535123465542983 1 IN IP4 0.0.0.0
s=www rtsp live
i=LIVE555 Streaming Media v2016.01.29
t=0 0
a=tool:LIVE555 Streaming Media v2016.01.29
a=type:broadcast
a=control:*
a=range:npt=0-
a=x-qt-text-nam:www rtsp live
a=x-qt-text-inf:LIVE555 Streaming Media v2016.01.29
m=video 0 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0
b=AS:1
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
a=fmtp:96 packetization-mode=1;profile-level-id=640028;sprop-parameter-sets=Z2QAKKy0A8ARPyysGBgYG0KE1A==,aO4G4sA=
a=control:track1

Below is the SDP from another camera which can actually describe both video and audio stream information

v=0
o=- 15906 15906 IN IP4 10.10.110.59
s=RTSP Server(H264) - HON098D2D
c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0
t=0 0
a=charset:Shift_JIS
a=range:npt=0-
a=control:*
a=etag:1234567890
m=video 0 RTP/AVP 96
b=AS:1000
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
a=control:trackID=1
a=fmtp:96 packetization-mode=1;profile-level-id=64001f;sprop-parameter-sets=Z2QAH62EBUViuKxUdCAqKxXFYqOhAVFYrisVHQgKisVxWKjoQFRWK4rFR0ICorFcVio6ECSFITk8nyfk/k/J8nm5s00IEkKQnJ5Pk/J/J+T5PNzZprQFAe0qQAAAHgAAAwLuGBAAA1Z+AABqz8ve+F4RCNQ=,aO48sA==
a=x-framerate:25
a=framerate:25.0
m=audio 0 RTP/AVP 0
b=AS:64