[Live-devel] restreaming RTSP as multicast ...

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 30 12:42:16 PDT 2018

> On Aug 30, 2018, at 12:24 PM, Shyam Kaundinya <shyam.kaundinya at digitalforcetech.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I have an RTSP source which doesn’t do multicast. My goal is to receive this RTSP stream and re-stream it over multicast. What is the best way to accomplish that ?
> One thought I had was to write a program similar to the testRTSPClient to receive RTP (and its FramedSource object) and then use a H265VideoRTP sink created on a groupSock to send out the data.  Is this the right approach

That should work, yes.

However, 4 days ago, you were going on about how you wanted to re-stream this H.265 video within a Transport Stream sent over raw-UDP multicast.  That’s quite different from what you’re talking about now (streaming H.265 video over RTP multicast).

You should really make up your mind before bothering the 1200+ busy professionals on this mailing list :-)