[Live-devel] registerRTSPStream without localhost loopback socket connection

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Feb 3 13:52:58 PST 2018

> On Feb 4, 2018, at 8:34 AM, Dave Shapiro <dave at scoutalarm.com> wrote:
>
> I have a camera that establishes a socket connection with my server.
>
> I then use registerRTSPStream to establish an additional localhost
> connection. I then pipe data between the two socket connection.
>
> This setup works and I am able to stream, but it would be nice if I
> didnt have two socket connections.
>
> Is it possible to register a stream with live555ProxyServer and pipe
> data directly between the camera socket connection and live555 without
> needing to establish a separate localhost connection?

Unfortunately I found your question a bit confusing, because you didn’t explain clearly what you have running on your computer, and what specifically you are trying to do.

What is “my server”, and how does it differ from the “live555ProxyServer”?  And what is at each end of your “localhost connection” (presumably running on a single computer)?  And where is your camera?