[Live-devel] trick play ts file with MPEG-4 part 10

Maksym Zhmak m.zhmak at infomir.com
Sun Feb 4 02:32:19 PST 2018

I have some problem with playing video in trick-play mode from live555 RTSP server.
It happens when I try to reverse-play TS file with MPEG-4 part 10 (H.264) video encoded - picture freezes and stands still for many seconds.

I tried on many files, including sample you provide on your site - bipbop-gear1-all.ts - and problems are still here. All index files for trick-playing were made with "MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer" tool.

I also tried tool "testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay" to simulate reverse playback on bipbop-gear1-all.ts with start time 300 and scale -2.
As a result, I got .ts file that cannot be correctly played by the VLC player - the same frozen frame and no playing occurs.

Can "MPEG2TransportStreamIndexer" tool work properly with such TS file that contains MPEG-4 part 10 (H.264) video?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Maxim Zhmak.