[Live-devel] Proxy server capabilities?

Robert Towster robert at towster.com
Thu Jan 25 15:13:08 PST 2018

I am trying to figure out it the proxy server is capable of doing what I
want to do or perhaps a combination of the client and server can do what I
want.
Could someone with experience with this software tell me if either will
work and if so point me in the right direction?

I have a source RTSP stream that I want to record to disk. This stream will
be about 10 minutes long. I might want to retransmit this as a new RTSP
stream but it is not required.
Every time  a certain event occurs (think someone pushing a button) I want
to do three things.
First off I want to start a RTSP stream that is looping playback of the
last 4 seconds of the source RTSP stream in slow motion.
Secondly I also want to save the 4 seconds of slow motion video to disk.
Finally I want to save in a file the frame numbers in the original stream
that correspond to the start and end of the slow motion video.

My plan is to then to have a post process that will create a new video on
disk that will be the original video except where the slow motion parts are
it would play in slow motion.

Thanks for any help or guidance.
Robert