[Live-devel] OpenRTSP - Periodic file output maybe not properly working

info at servizidirete.com info at servizidirete.com
Wed Jul 4 14:22:34 PDT 2018

Hello.
I want to notice you a probable bug on openRTSP (I'm using the latest
version, published on 2018-06-30). I premise that I'm building a simple
dvr recorder with a Raspberry PI for home purpose. I also thinked to
reduce possible phisical security risks, for example the eventuality
that a thief should turn off the power to my dvr. In this case, if
meanwhile openRTSP was producing a unique output file without completing
the writing, this file will be unreadable (I tried with no success to
recover some write-interrupted file). So I found very useful to adopt
the "-P" option to produce short clip files so that in the worst case it
loses just a few seconds of recording (please advise me if any better
solution exists).
Now, speaking about "-P", I've found that after several hours I've
launched the following command:

openRTSP -D 10000000000000000 -c -B 10000000 -b 10000000 -q -F (prefix)
-d 28800 -P 10 -t (url)

the program stops producing single .mov files, each of 10 seconds, and
starts producing a unique file containing the remaining "n" seconds of
video recording till 28800.
My workaround will be to considerably reduce the "-d" parameter value,
for example from 28800 to 900, hoping the execution keeps more stable.
But this choice does not seem neither secure nor satisfying.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Regards.
giancarlo