[Live-devel] OpenRTSP and Live555mediaserver

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Mar 30 04:12:28 PDT 2018

> I have a question about my application. I have a NVR (network video recorder). It's Linux based and it is based on  NXP imx53 SOM (core ARM CORTEX A8) that get streaming from IP cameras and store files on HDD using OpenRTSP in ".mp4" format (-4 option).
> We need also to stream recorded files, so we test Live555MediaServer to read and stream files stored by openRTSP but we can't found a format managed by both tools: file stored by openRTSP seems not supported by Live555mediaserver.
> What's wrong in our application?

Nothing’s wrong with your application.  It just turns out that “.mp4” (or “.mov”) files are not supported by the “LIVE555 Media Server” (primarily because our code does not include a demultiplexor for these files).

For the list of file types that the “LIVE555 Media Server” supports, see
	http://live555.com/mediaServer/