[Live-devel] About transfer of RTP / RTCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Nov 18 22:22:27 PST 2018

First, do you know about our “LIVE555 Proxy Server”: http://www.live555.com/proxyServer/ ?  It might already do what you want.

> I confirmed the source of "testRTSPClient.cpp".
> The DummySink class was able to acquire media data,
> but there was no RTP header.

That’s correct.  This is because we implement the RTP/RTCP protocol ourself, so applications do not need to see the header.

> Next I confirmed the source of "testRelay.cpp".
> I do not use the BasicUDPSink class on my system,
> but I think that you can create your own class derived
> from the MediaSink class.

If you wish to transmit the relayed packets as RTP packets, then you should use a “RTPSink” subclass, *not* a “BasicUDPSink”.  (You should also send RTCP packets, by creating a “RTCPInstance” object.)

But once again, you should check whether our “LIVE555 Proxy Server" already does what you want.