[Live-devel] About transfer of RTP / RTCP

Masanobu Yoshihara M.Yoshihara at nid.co.jp
Mon Nov 19 20:27:33 PST 2018

Ross-san

Thank you for your quick answer.
I will ask again.

> But once again, you should check whether our ?LIVE555 Proxy Server"
already does what you want.

Thank you for providing the information.
However, I think that detailed specifications have been decided and can
not be used.

Our system is a transmission system to which an IP camera is connected
and
a reception system to which a viewer is connected.
IP camera and viewer are connected via Ethernet respectively.
The sending system and the receiving system are unidirectional
communication (wireless).

My development part does not include IP cameras and viewers.

The transmission system has the following requirements.
 - Function as an RTSP client for IP cameras
 - Transfer RTP / RTCP packets from IP camera to receiving system
 - RTCP (RR) transmission to IP camera
 - Send the media information of the IP camera to the receiving system
with its own protocol

> If you wish to transmit the relayed packets as RTP packets, then you
should use a ?RTPSink? subclass, *not* a ?BasicUDPSink?.  (You should
also send RTCP packets, by creating a ?RTCPInstance? object.)

I understand that it is necessary to use the RTPSink subclass also to
use RTCP.
Is the source class OK by using the RTPSource subclass?

Just transfer it without being conscious of media format and audio /
video.

I may ask you about the receiving system at a later date.
Reference system requirements are as follows
 - It acts as an RTSP server for the viewer (information is received
from the sending system with its own protocol)
 - Transfer RTP / RTCP packets from the sending system to the viewer

Please answer and give advice.