[Live-devel] RTSP streaming with port forwading

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Nov 18 22:49:41 PST 2018

> But when we use port forwading to connect to a remote camera, VLC display works fine, but the second RTSP client running in android stops streaming in 65 sec.

This (a RTSP stream timeout after 65 seconds) probably means that RTCP “RR” (reception report) packets from the client are not reaching the proxy server.  You should make sure that
1/ Your RTSP client is sending RTCP “RR” packets.  (If your RTSP client uses our “RTSPClient” class, then this should happen automatically), and
2/ You don’t have a firewall - between your client and server - that is blocking the RTCP “RR” packets.  (Note that, usually, RTCP packets use the same port number as RTP, plus one.)