[Live-devel] RTSP streaming with port forwading

Indu Girish indu.girish at gadgeon.com
Sun Nov 18 22:41:39 PST 2018

Hi,

We are developing an android app to stream media from an IP camera.
We are running a proxy server in android to multiplex the camera stream.
Proxied stream is displayed on the app using VLC and another RTSP client is
running in android to send the stream to a third party service.
This setup works fine if the ip camera and andriod phone are in the same
network.

But when we use port forwading to connect to a remote camera, VLC display
works fine, but the second RTSP client running in android stops streaming
in 65 sec.

Why this is happening only with port forwading? Please help.

Thanks & Regards,
Indu