[Live-devel] Support for raw video format

GENESTIER Denis denis.genestier at thalesgroup.com
Tue Sep 4 07:07:41 PDT 2018

Hi Ross, how are you doing?

Here is a patch for managing the raw video stream in server's side, based on the last live555 version.
I created a new sink "RawVideoRTPSink" and used it in the context of matroska file streaming with the codecID V_UNCOMPRESSED (by the way I also added the codec V_MJPEG that we also need and that is used by FFMPEG too).
For that, I use the EBML fields pixelWidth, pixelHeight, bitDepth and I also added the parsing of colourSpace and Primaries (cf https://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/index.html).

My sink class:
- compute an overflow (to have packets with size that are multiple of pgroup).
- set the special header size and doSpecialFrameHandling with a function getNbLineInPacket()

I have mainly tested it with a mkv file with I420 colorSpace (i.e. a sampling of "YCbCr-4:2:0"), streamed by the live555MediaServer and received by the openRTSP. The raw file we get (video-RAW-1) is readable by VLC (by specifying the right demuxer parameters).

NB : I did not do any management of the optional parameters  (Interlace, Top-field-first, chroma-position or gamma).

Thanks again for your support.

Regards,
Denis.