[Live-devel] use decoder for multicast rtp -live555MediaServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Sep 11 16:52:01 PDT 2018

> On Sep 11, 2018, at 2:59 PM, Camilo Andrés Huertas Huertas <tecnologia at maxmediasa.com> wrote:
>

>> Good day
>>
>> My question is the following, I have a decoder that generates multicast in this url rtp: //226.0.0.1: 1234, as I can mount in the live555MediaServer, the url that generates me is rtsp: //190.27.246.98/ <filename>
>>
>> Thanks and i hope you can help me.

You’re going to have to be a lot more specific about exactly what you want to do.  The “LIVE555 Media Server” streams (via unicast) pre-recorded media files; it has nothing to do with multicast streams.  So, you probably don’t want to use the “LIVE555 Media Server” at all.

Do you want to develop a (unicast) RTSP server that takes your multicast stream as input?  If so, you can probably do this using our “testOnDemandRTSPServer” demo application as a model - but (if you want our help) you’ll need to tell us a lot more about what this multicast stream is.  E.g., is it raw-UDP, or RTP?  If it’s RTP, what is the RTP payload format.  If it’s raw-UDP, is it a Transport Stream, or something else??