[Live-devel] SDP help

Brian Koblenz brian.koblenz at bdkconsulting.com
Tue Sep 11 20:02:29 PDT 2018

I have recently starting using live555ProxyServer and think it can be the
ideal interface for my needs.

In my case, I am using the Janus gateway to link webRTC browsers to rtsp
streams that are collected by live555ProxyServer.

Things work fine under Windows 10 with Chrome and Safari.

Under comparable versions of the browsers and Windows 7 I would get a:
DOMException: Failed to set remote offer sdp: Failed to set remote video
description send parameters

I also get the same error when using Safari on IOS, but I have less tools
available there to determine what is going on.

I have done some searching on the internet and this seems to be associated
with the sdp profile-level-id.  The one I am receiving from
live555ProxyServer is 4D001E.  If I manually change that 42e01f before
sending it to the browser, then things can operate acceptably.  However
that replacement still fails for Safari/IOS.

So does anyone have experience using live555ProxyServer sdp with windows 7
or IOS?

Can someone explain the important difference between these sdp's and is
there something I can do to make live555ProxyServer generate sdps that will
work more broadly?

I would rather make changes that are understood in live555ProxyServer than
hack the javascript processing the sdp in a way I do not understand.

thanks
-brian