[Live-devel] SDP help

Brian Koblenz brian.koblenz at bdkconsulting.com
Wed Sep 12 12:20:26 PDT 2018

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 8:12 PM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>
wrote:

> > Under comparable versions of the browsers and Windows 7 I would get a:
> > DOMException: Failed to set remote offer sdp: Failed to set remote video
> description send parameters
>
> Sorry, but this error message has nothing to do with our software.  You
> probably have the wrong mailing list.

I understand that the exception is coming from the browser.  I have traced
it back to a profile-level-id that the browser
cannot handle.  I believe that value is coming from (or through) your
software.

I think it is likely coming from liveMedia/H264RTPSink.cpp.  What I have
not yet figured out is are you generating the
SDP in live555ProxyServer or are you just passing something through that
the end device sent to you.

  u_int32_t profileLevelId = (spsWEB[1]<<16) | (spsWEB[2]<<8) | spsWEB[3];
  delete[] spsWEB;

  char* sps_base64 = base64Encode((char*)sps, spsSize);
  char* pps_base64 = base64Encode((char*)pps, ppsSize);

  char const* fmtpFmt =
    "a=fmtp:%d packetization-mode=1"
    ";profile-level-id=%06X"
    ";sprop-parameter-sets=%s,%s\r\n";
  unsigned fmtpFmtSize = strlen(fmtpFmt)
    + 3 /* max char len */
    + 6 /* 3 bytes in hex */
    + strlen(sps_base64) + strlen(pps_base64);
  char* fmtp = new char[fmtpFmtSize];
  sprintf(fmtp, fmtpFmt,
          rtpPayloadType(),
          profileLevelId,