[Live-devel] SDP help

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 12 12:41:35 PDT 2018

> On Sep 12, 2018, at 12:20 PM, Brian Koblenz <brian.koblenz at bdkconsulting.com> wrote:
>

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 8:12 PM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:
> > Under comparable versions of the browsers and Windows 7 I would get a:
> > DOMException: Failed to set remote offer sdp: Failed to set remote video description send parameters
>
> Sorry, but this error message has nothing to do with our software.  You probably have the wrong mailing list.
> I understand that the exception is coming from the browser.  I have traced it back to a profile-level-id that the browser
> cannot handle.  I believe that value is coming from (or through) your software.
>
> I think it is likely coming from liveMedia/H264RTPSink.cpp.  What I have not yet figured out is are you generating the
> SDP in live555ProxyServer or are you just passing something through that the end device sent to you.

That error message is definitely not coming from our software.

However, if you are referring specifically to the “profile-level-id” value that the “LIVE555 Proxy Server” (or our non-proxying RTSP server) puts in the SDP descriptor that it gives to ‘front-end’ clients, then that is generated, by “H264VideoRTPSink”, by analyzing the SPS NAL unit that it was given.  (By definition, the H.264 “profile-level-id” is defined by bytes 1,2,3 of the SPS NAL unit (after removing any ‘emulation’ bytes).)

So, the “profile-level-id” that our software generates is correct; it comes from the input stream.  If, however, your web browser can’t handle that, then that’s a problem for your web browser, or (perhaps) whatever gateway you are using between our RTSP server and your web browser.  Again, this has nothing to do with our software, or this mailing list.