[Live-devel] Need help to implement a subclass of FramedSource for rtsp stream video loop

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Aug 19 08:51:37 PDT 2019

> On Aug 19, 2019, at 5:35 PM, AIMEZ Camille <camille.aimez at idemia.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am currently trying to set up a camera simulation hub in order to test different VMSs and analytic softwares.
>
> I am trying to set up a set of simulated cameras using the test program of live555: testOnDemandRTSPServer.
>
> One functionality that I absolutely need in order to simulate a real camera, is to loop on the input video forever

You would basically need to implement a class - similar to the existing class “ByteStreamFileSource” - that handles EOF of the input file differently.  Instead of calling "handleClosure()” (which would tell the downstream reader that the data source has ended), your subclass would instead:
	- clear the EOF, and
	- seek back to the beginning of the file
to allow file read handling to continue as before.