[Live-devel] Need help to implement a subclass of FramedSource for rtsp stream video loop

AIMEZ Camille camille.aimez at idemia.com
Mon Aug 19 08:35:01 PDT 2019

Hello,

I am currently trying to set up a camera simulation hub in order to test different VMSs and analytic softwares.

I am trying to set up a set of simulated cameras using the test program of live555: testOnDemandRTSPServer.

One functionality that I absolutely need in order to simulate a real camera, is to loop on the input video forever, so that the VMS and analytics do not see a sort of stop in the video stream (otherwise there are many warnings and errors).

I see on this site hereafter, that this could be possible by editing or creating a subclass of the class FramedSource: http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2014-April/018253.html

I have been going through the code all day, without luck... I am unfortunately not a coder and don't totally understand the mechanics of live555 media server.
Could you please give some pointers as to what should be edited in the subclass or in the FramedSource class directly in order to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance for any help you might bring on the subject.

Regards,

Camille AIMEZ
IDEMIA