[Live-devel] Need help to implement a subclass of FramedSource for rtsp stream video loop

AIMEZ Camille camille.aimez at idemia.com
Tue Aug 20 01:22:34 PDT 2019

Hello again Ross,

Thank you so much for the pointer, I was able to get it running very easily right away thanks to your help.

What I did is the following.

In the ByteStreamFileSource.cpp file, I found the if that checks for the EOF. This if also checked for a file error, so I detached both checks in two separate if statements.
Then I simply call the rewind function on the stream if the EOF is reached, and it simply restarts at the beginning.

So instead of this in the code:

  if (feof(fFid) || ferror(fFid) || (fLimitNumBytesToStream && fNumBytesToStream == 0)) {
    handleClosure();
    return;
  }

I have the following:

  if (feof(fFid)) {
    rewind(fFid);
  }
  else if (ferror(fFid) || (fLimitNumBytesToStream && fNumBytesToStream == 0)) {
    handleClosure();
    return;
  }

Thank you so much for your help, it is really greatly appreciated!

Camille AIMEZ
IDEMIA