[Live-devel] RTSP Proxy Server Front End URL Customization

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Aug 30 01:36:52 PDT 2019

> On Aug 30, 2019, at 10:07 AM, HAN Hao <han.hao at stengg.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Sir/Madam,
>
> I am trying to use the proxy server as a mean to manage downlink and uplink from my RTSP source. However, using the default setting of the RTSP Proxy Server, the front end URL can only be set as IP/proxyStream%i.
>
> May I know how do I change this setting such that the front end URL becomes a conditional statement based on the input RTSP URL?

The ‘front end’ stream name is set as the “streamName” parameter to “ProxyServerMediaSession::createNew()”.  In the “live555ProxyServer” application, you could easily change this by changing the code (“proxyServer/live555ProxyServer.cpp”).

>  In addition, may I also ask whether the RTSP Proxy Server is able to view the IP addresses of the connection to the proxy server?

Yes, of course.  You could see this by compiling “GenericMediaServer.cpp” with -DDEBUG=1