[Live-devel] I need to access OnDemandServerMediaSubsession::setSDPLinesFromRTPSink() from my derived class.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Dec 4 07:29:12 PST 2019

> On Dec 4, 2019, at 10:05 PM, Steve Ha <steveha at u2sr.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ross,
>
> In order to avoid modifying live555 library directly I have some needs:
>
> 1) I want to access to function 'setSDPLinesFromRTPSink' for overridding sdpLines() of class OnDemandServerMediaSubsession:
> private:
> void setSDPLinesFromRTPSink(RTPSink* rtpSink, FramedSource* inputSource, unsigned estBitrate);
>
> Can you make it accesible by the derived classes?

Yes.  This function is now “protected:” in the latest release of the code (2019.12.04).

> 2) class MultiFramedRTPSink has various public functions for setting RTP header's properties such as:
>    setMarkerBit, setTimestamp, setSpecialHeaderWord, setFrameSpecificHeaderWord, etc.
>    But it does not any function to setHeaderExtensionBit.
>    Can you kindly support one more function to setHeaderExtensionBit ?

No, because we currently don’t support RTP extension headers (either sending or receiving).  (Adding a RTP extension header involves a lot more than just setting a bit.)

I might consider supporting RTP extension headers in the future if someone could make a good case for this (especially if it involves support for an IETF standard).