[Live-devel] Location of cast used to interface to OpenSSL

GENESTIER Denis denis.genestier at thalesgroup.com
Fri Dec 13 10:00:54 PST 2019

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the work.

Just some remarks:
- The new flag -DNO_OPENSSL=1 should directly be set in the COMPILE_OPTS variable, and not in the C_FLAGS because it is not taken in account at the compilation (and visual fails to compile the TLSState.hh file)
- The cast problem from u_int8_t* to char* that Jeff has risen, leads to a compilation failure (at least of visual studio 2010 and 2012). So at least an explicit cast is needed I think.
- At a first glance, only the change of the function RTSPClient::parseRTSPURL by removing its static status (due to the use of the useTLS() I guess?) impacts our integration.
- An useful evolution should be to afford the possibility to specify the path of the openSSL for libdir and include dir instead of the hardcoded path  /usr/local/include?
- Minor points are the presence of new files (VIDEO-0x0001-0x00e0.h264, bad.ts, bad.txt) that overweight the tar.gz

Denis