[Live-devel] Can't play RTSP streams on some Android devices (LibVLC). "setsockopt(SO_REUSEPORT) error: Protocol not available"

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 20 02:20:44 PST 2019

If you want to build the LIVE555 code for systems for which "setsockopt(SO_REUSEPORT)” does not work, you can do so by including
	-DSO_REUSEPORT=1
on the compiler command line; this will have the effect of not calling that particular “setsockopt()” operation at all.

If you are building the code in the way that we describe (on our web site), you can do this by adding
	-DSO_REUSEPORT=1
to “COMPILE_OPTS” in the “config.linux” file, before running
	genMakefiles linux

However, I don’t think that VLC generates its Makefiles (for building LIVE555) this way.  You will have to look at how VLC does this.  We can’t help you specifically with VLC, as it is not our software.

(If I were you, though, I’d instead just upgrade the Linux kernel on your system so that "setsockopt(SO_REUSEPORT)” - and perhaps also other things - works properly.)