[Live-devel] Can't play RTSP streams on some Android devices (LibVLC). "setsockopt(SO_REUSEPORT) error: Protocol not available"

Mirco Pazzaglia mirco.pazzaglia at inim.biz
Fri Dec 20 05:04:57 PST 2019

> However, I don’t think that VLC generates its Makefiles (for building LIVE555) this way.  You will have to look at how VLC does this.  We can’t help you specifically with VLC, as it is not our software.

I'll have a look into it, thank you. If opting-out of the SO_REUSEPORT is not a breaking change in any manner (is it?), the solution may just be as simple as patching said cpp file to ifndef on the __ANDROID__ (or similar) define. Wouldn't it be better though to add a runtime check for compatibility in the cpp code instead of if(n)def-ing that region of code (or in addition to)?

> (If I were you, though, I’d instead just upgrade the Linux kernel on your system so that "setsockopt(SO_REUSEPORT)” - and perhaps also other things - works properly.)

No can do, sadly. We are talking of Android devices here (app developing), end users are those who download the app from the Play Store.