[Live-devel] Encrypting rtp stream

Kevin Bailey kevin at pudle.io
Thu Feb 21 15:42:01 PST 2019

I am trying to encrypt my h264 packets sent with live555 using a pretty
basic stream cipher. One of the main requirements of a stream cipher is
that after a portion of a key is consumed to encrypt a bit of data that
portion can never be used again. So because of this the amount of data
being encrypted needs to match the amount of data received on the client
end. Or at the very least the number of packets going out and coming in
need to be the same. I found that neither is the case. What is the best way
to actually encrypt my h264 stream with live555?