[Live-devel] Client program will stream from testOnDemandRTSPServer but not testH264VideoStreamer

Eric.Brandt at nikon.com Eric.Brandt at nikon.com
Fri May 17 12:51:53 PDT 2019

Hi,

Live555 is excellent code - very professional - but we are having trouble with implementing it in our solution, primarily due to our lack of experience with RTSP protocol.

In our test environment, we can successfully use VLCPlayer to stream a *.264 file from both testOnDemandRTSPServer and testH264VideoStreamer.

However, another client we need to use (Unosquare.FFME) will only receive from testOnDemandRTSPServer successfully.
>From testH264VideoStreamer, the FFME client (which uses ffmpeg dlls) reports:

[29:53.877 | ERR | FFmpeg.Log          ] [rtsp @ 000001FD46E38940] method SETUP failed: 461 Unsupported Transport
[29:53.885 | ERR | Container           ] Fatal error initializing MediaContainer instance.
MediaContainerException: Could not open 'rtsp://192.168.56.1:8554/testStream'. Error -135: Error number -135 occurred

Our final goal is to stream a continuously-running live stream of h.264 frames to several (1-4) clients, all of whom would use this same client control (Unosquare.FFME). I have read the FAQ concerning how to modify each of the two test programs to receive a live stream. We have successfully written our continuous stream of frames to stdout and piped them to stdin on testH264VideoStreamer and viewed them with VLC Player. The important next step is to use the FFME client, yet it gives the above errors when opening a connection to testH264VideoStreamer.

a)      Which test program (OnDemandRTSP or H264VideoStreamer) would be most appropriate for our needs?

b)      Assuming the answer is H264VideoStreamer, how do we investigate/debug/work around the error we are facing with the client we are using? What is fundamentally different about the transports and protocols between the two test servers?

Thanks in advance for your help.

(Also: Is there a way to search the mailing list archives beyond the page that lists each archive by month?)

Thanks in advance,
-Eric.

[cid:image001.gif at 01CAF67F.900E5BA0]

Eric L. Brandt
Senior Software Engineer
Eric.Brandt at Nikon.com<mailto:Eric.Brandt at Nikon.com>
Cell: +1 (262) 470-2705

Nikon Metrology, Inc.
W303 S7731 Oak Ridge Dr.
Mukwongao, WI 53149