[Live-devel] what to do about error 104 (Connection reset by peer)?

p at min.nl p at min.nl
Mon Nov 25 07:08:54 PST 2019

Hi,

I modified testRTSPClient to only process ONVIF metadata from a "smart" camera.

In DummySink::afterGettingFrame there's a line:

if (strcmp(fSubsession.mediumName(), "application") == 0) {

after which it processes the metadata.

This runs for a short while, after which recvfrom in GroupsockHelper::readSocket returns error 104.
(and the program hangs, or rather, does not receive any more data)

Am I missing something, should I maybe do something with the incoming video data?

Or should I contact the camera people about this error?

I can post more debug output if needed.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick