[Live-devel] what to do about error 104 (Connection reset by peer)?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Nov 25 12:42:29 PST 2019

> On Nov 26, 2019, at 6:35 AM, P. Min <p at min.nl> wrote:
>

>>> This runs for a short while, after which recvfrom in GroupsockHelper::readSocket returns error 104.
>>
>>  What does that error number mean on your system?  (In other words, what does it show for error number 104 when you run ?man errno??)
>
> "Connection reset by peer"

OK, so this is (presumably) the RTSP socket (i.e., TCP), rather than the RTP (UDP) socket.

It seems that your server is arbitrarily deciding to close the connection.  I.e., this is a problem with your server; you should report it to the server’s manufacturer.

>>  Does the same thing happen when you run (the unmodified) ?openRTSP? application <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP> on this stream?
>
> It seems to run a bit longer, then the same thing happens.

I suggest adding the “-K” (i.e., upper-case K) option to your “openRTSP” command line.  See
	http://live555.com/openRTSP/#other-options
under "Sending 'keep-alives' to satisfy buggy servers”.