[Live-devel] H264VideoStreamer packets sending problems with live streaming

Philippe Noël philippe_noel at college.harvard.edu
Sat Oct 5 15:44:43 PDT 2019

Hi Ross,

I'm sorry, I should've better explained my problem and I really appreciate
the feedback. I was actually directly connecting my encoder to Live555
without a pipe and indeed I had the 'start codes' so I removed them, fixed
a few more problems and it pretty much works. I can now see the bytes
streamed in the terminal and things seem to be working fine (when I change
the desktop screen, I can see the number of bytes streamed jump, which is
the expected behavior).

That said, when I try to test my RTSP stream with VLC, nothing happens, any
idea what might be going wrong? It seems as though every piece is connected
and that the packets are indeed being sent.

Cheers,

Philippe Noël  <https://www.linkedin.com/pub/philippe-no%C3%ABl/124/284/148>
AB Candidate in *Computer Science - Mind, Brain, Behavior*, Secondary in
*Economics*
Harvard College Class of 2020
857.272.9715 | philippe_noel at college.harvard.edu | www.philippemnoel.com