[Live-devel] H264VideoStreamer packets sending problems with live streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Oct 5 10:50:10 PDT 2019

You haven’t explained exactly how you’re connecting your encoder to (your modified) “testH264VideoStreamer” code, but I’m guessing that you have a pipe (or whatever the equivalent is called in Windoze) that connects the two.  If so, the problem of “packets being sent, clumped together, every 5 seconds” is almost certainly a problem with your pipe, not a problem with our code.  Maybe you can reconfigure your pipe in some way to avoid this “5 second clumping” behavior?

Alternatively, figure out a way to pass your encoder’s H.264 NAL units directly to the LIVE555 code, without using a pipe.  If (and only if) you do this, you would need to pass each NAL unit, one at a time, and *without* a 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x01 ’start code’ to “H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer”, not “H264VideoStreamFramer”.