[Live-devel] H264VideoStreamer packets sending problems with live streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Oct 5 19:52:53 PDT 2019

> On Oct 5, 2019, at 7:40 PM, Philippe Noël <philippe_noel at college.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi Ross,
>
> It is not that, I tried turning off my firewall and it didn't work. The fact is, with or without the firewall, the rtsp url from my application doesn't move further than what I showed earlier, while a test url stream like rtsp://wowzaec2demo.streamlock.net/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_115k.mov works without a problem, both with openRTSP and VLC.
>
> Any ideas?

OK, the only other thing I can think of is that - for some reason - your server’s code is not returning to the LIVE555 event loop to handle the incoming TCP connection.  This might happen if your device/encoder-handling code has an infinite loop, or a ‘polling loop’ somewhere (perhaps while waiting for an encoded frame/NAL unit to become available).  You must not do this!  Remember that LIVE555-based applications are event based, using an event loop for concurrency.  If a frame/NAL unit is not *immediately* available to be delivered, then your “doGetNextFrame()” implementation *must* return immediately, so that the event loop can handle events (such as incoming TCP connections).