[Live-devel] How to get testOnDemandRTSPServer (unicast) to take a live h.264 feed coming from a UDP port

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 24 16:15:43 PDT 2019

> On Oct 24, 2019, at 3:21 PM, Shyam Kaundinya <shyam.kaundinya at digitalforcetech.com> wrote:
>
> My goal is to modify testOnDemandRTSPServer (unicast) to take a live h.264 feed coming from a UDP port.

Before we can answer your question, we’d need to know exactly what you mean by “coming from a UDP port”.  In other words, how is this H.264 feed being transmitted to the UDP port in the first place?
- Is it being sent as RTP/UDP packets (one H.264 NAL unit per RTP/UDP packet)?
- Or is it being sent as raw (i.e., non-RTP) UDP packets (again, H.264 NAL unit per UDP packet)?
- Or is it being sent over UDP in some other way?
And is this stream being sent to a multicast IP address, or to a unicast IP address (perhaps “localhost”)?

You’re going to explain a *lot* more about what, specifically, you want to do.