[Live-devel] RTSP Proxy Server Front End URL Customization

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 5 06:20:27 PDT 2019

> Note also that port 554 is the ‘default’ port number for RTSP.  “rtsp://“ URLs that use port 554 don’t have to use it (although they can if you wish).  (This is analogous to port 80 for HTTP.)

My explanation here was a little unclear.  This is better:

Port 554 is the ‘default’ port number for RTSP.  “rtsp://“ URLs that use port 554 don’t have to include that port number in the URL (although you can if you wish).  This is analogous to port 80 for HTTP - i.e., "http://server-name:80/foo” means exactly the same as "http://server-name/foo”.