[Live-devel] RTSP Proxy Server Front End URL Customization

HAN Hao han.hao at stengg.com
Thu Sep 5 17:23:11 PDT 2019

> At the same time, may I also ask whether it is possible to set the RTSP Proxy Server to use the same port? When multiple instances of RTSP Proxy Server is hosted, the first proxy server does not show the port number(i.e xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/proxyStream). From the second proxy server onwards, the RTSP URL becomes ( xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/proxyStream). Are there any ways to always host the RTSP Proxy Server using xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/proxyStream after I defined a conditional statement for the streamName?

>See lines 189-210 of “proxyServer/live555ProxyServer.cpp”.   Note that you will not be able to run a server on port P if there is already another server running on port P, or if another server has very recently already run on port P.  Note also that port 554 is the ‘default’ port number for RTSP.  “rtsp://“ URLs that use port 554 don’t have to use it (although they can if you wish).  (This is analogous to port 80 for HTTP.)

In this case, the maximum number of proxy server instances created can only be 2(ports 554 and 8554)? May I know whether it would be possible to add another 2 more ports for the proxy server? Or are there any ways to add a RTSP Proxy Server to the port without requiring to terminate the entire port's proxy servers and creating again? The idea is that I need to create 4 instances of proxy servers at time 1,2,3,4 without terminating any of it.

Regards,
Han