[Live-devel] Getting RTP packet instead of NAL data using Live555

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Sep 10 03:40:26 PDT 2019

You realize, I hope, that a LIVE555 RTSP client does all of the processing of incoming RTP/RTCP automatically.  This includes providing - along with audio and video payloads - a “presentation time” value that can be used to synchronize the incoming audio and video streams.  See
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#separate-rtp-streams

Thus, you do not need RTP (or RTCP) headers, and we do not provide them.  If you want to ignore all of the work that we’ve done to implement RTP/RTCP, and receive/handle the incoming RTP headers (and RTCP packets) yourself, then youd need to use some other software.  Sorry.