[Live-devel] rtsp proxy error on first request

Yuri D'Elia wavexx at thregr.org
Tue Sep 17 10:34:51 PDT 2019

On Mon, Sep 16 2019, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> Try adding the -V (upper-case V) option, to get verbose diagnostic output, and send us this diagnostic output, when the problem occurs.

Ran as following:

/usr/bin/live555ProxyServer -p 554 -R -V -u user pass 'rtsp://camera/videoMain'

"camera" is 192.168.0.50.

I then connect with ffplay to the proxyserver with 'rtsp://proxy/proxyStream'
The log briefly stops at:

ProxyServerMediaSession[rtsp://camera/videoMain/] added new "ProxyServerMediaSubsession" for RTP/video/H264 track
ProxyServerMediaSession[rtsp://camera/videoMain/] added new "ProxyServerMediaSubsession" for RTP/audio/PCMU track

while the player simply stalls (so I kill it).
I do a second try, and now the video starts.
So I stop both (log up to this point attached).

I subsequently noticed that if I try a third time, I still read the
these two lines on the log:

ProxyServerMediaSession[rtsp://camera/videoMain/] added new "ProxyServerMediaSubsession" for RTP/video/H264 track
ProxyServerMediaSession[rtsp://camera/videoMain/] added new "ProxyServerMediaSubsession" for RTP/audio/PCMU track

while now the player fails with:

[ffmpeg/demuxer] rtsp: method PLAY failed: 454 Session Not Found

which is what I experienced usually. So I essentially get a successful
stream/connection, and a bad one repeatedly in succession.