[Live-devel] rtsp proxy error on first request

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Sep 17 11:31:39 PDT 2019

> On Sep 17, 2019, at 10:34 AM, Yuri D'Elia <wavexx at thregr.org> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Sep 16 2019, Ross Finlayson wrote:
>> Try adding the -V (upper-case V) option, to get verbose diagnostic output, and send us this diagnostic output, when the problem occurs.
>
> Ran as following:
>
> /usr/bin/live555ProxyServer -p 554 -R -V -u user pass 'rtsp://camera/videoMain’

Next time, omit the “-R”.  It’s not needed here.

Thanks for the information so far.

Unfortunately this didn’t tell me everything that I need to know, because “-V” turns on debugging output only for the ‘RTSP client’ part of the proxy server.  Unfortunately debugging output for the ‘RTSP server’ part of the proxy server is different; it needs to be enabled at compile time.

So, could you now please do the following:
1/ Download the newest “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code (version 2019.09.17)
2/ Add the following line to the start of *both* “liveMedia/GenericMediaServer.cpp” and “liveMedia/RTSPServer.cpp”:
#define DEBUG 1
3/ Build the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code (including the “LIVE555 Proxy Server”) as usual

Rerun the proxy server (with “-V”)
And send us the complete log output (especially during the time that the proxy server returns "454 Session Not Found”).