[Live-devel] Using Live555 to stream a Windows 10 Desktop

Philippe Noël philippe_noel at college.harvard.edu
Thu Sep 19 16:23:03 PDT 2019

Hi!

I recently stumbled upon Live555 as I am trying to stream my home Windows
10 desktop to my cheap laptop here at school in a more usable fashion than
RDP.

I would like to stream my Windows 10 desktop environment in real-time
(encoded in H.264 or H.265), similar to how RDP does it, but with RSTP to
make watching videos more fluid.

I saw on the documentation that "Streamer.cpp" can be updated to take live
video data, but I'm not quite sure how to do so and I haven't found a
specific encoder for reading a Windows desktop and encoding the pixels. Any
suggestions?

Cheers,

Philippe