[Live-devel] multiple network ports

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 6 18:07:55 PDT 2020

> On Aug 7, 2020, at 12:56 PM, Jim Ham <jimham at porcine.com> wrote:
>
> I have a firewall box that I'd like to also act as a streaming server. It has two network ports. Can I tell live555MediaServer to serve a selected port? Or perhaps both ports? So far I've only gotten it to serve the internal network, not the external one.

First, I assume that you mean “IP address”, rather than “port”.  (But if you really meant “port”, then you could specify this by including it in the “rtsp://“ URL.)

By default, the server uses the network interface that’s used for IP multicast routing - i.e., the one that has a route for 224.0.0.0/4.  (The reason for this is that it uses IP multicast to detect its own IP address.)

So, the easiest way to choose a particular network interface is to reconfigure your host so that it uses that network interface for IP multicast routing.  You should be able to do this by running (as root):
	route add 224.0.0.0/4 ip-address-for-that-nic

Alternatively, you could try adding - as the first statements in your “main()” routine, the following:
	SendingInterfaceAddr = ReceivingInterfaceAddr = our_inet_addr(“x.y.z.w”);
where “x.y.z.w” is the IP address of the interface that you want.