[Live-devel] media streaming and random access

Jim Ham jimham at porcine.com
Mon Aug 10 09:49:20 PDT 2020

> I have just installed a new version (2020.08.10) of the code that should fix this.

Fast work! I just tried it out, it new seeks and plays OK. There is an
additional problem though. It seeks to the wrong place. At first I
thought it was x2 (seek to 1:00 and you get 2:00), but it's not
consistent. It definitely does pick up at a place farther along the time
line that you pick.

Here's what I did to live555MediaServer.cpp to let it serve to my
outside connection:

23d22
   #include <GroupsockHelper.hh> // added jeh 8/7/2020
31,37d29
   // added by jeh 8/7/2020
   if (argc == 2) {
     SendingInterfaceAddr = ReceivingInterfaceAddr = our_inet_addr(argv[1]);
     *env << "\nSetting serving address to " << argv[1] << "\n" ;
   }
   // end add by jeh

Jim
--